When enrolling in courses for the new academic year, keep in mind:
- Your student status (and subsequent membership to MAPS or MSU) is based directly on the number of units you will be taking over the course of the academic year (September – April).
- If you will be taking 17 or fewer units collectively over the Fall and Winter terms (5 or fewer courses) you will have Part-Time Student Status.
- If you will be taking 18 + units collectively over the Fall and Winter terms (6 or more courses) you will have Full-Time Student Status.
- Enrolling into a 6th course automatically changes your status to full-time, regardless if you drop back down to 5 or fewer courses.
- Switching membership between MSU and MAPS must be done via the MSU-MAPS Transfer Form
- In order to determine if you are eligible please consult the following page: Membership.
- Both your student status and the associated fees are finalized at the end of September.
- Your student status cannot be changed or restored after this time.