McMaster Association of Part Time Students Bursary
What is the MAPS Bursary?
This bursary provides non-repayable tuition and book assistance to part-time students who demonstrate financial need and do not qualify for OSAP. This includes students in degree programs AND certificate/diploma programs through McMaster University Continuing Education (MCE).
The McMaster Association for Part-Time Students (MAPS) generously donates the funding for this program. Primarily available to those receiving social assistance, the MAPS bursary program aids those who are economically disadvantaged.
Additional financial resources are required as the MAPS Bursary is not a means of covering the full cost of your education. You are required to enrol and pay for your courses before receiving MAPS Bursary funding.
The value of the MAPS Bursary varies each term. Limited bursaries are available.
Who can apply?
You can apply for the Bursaries for Part-Time Students if you are:
- Economically disadvantaged. A Common Application in AwardSpring and a McMaster Continuing Education Award application is used to determine financial need.
- Taking a part-time degree, diploma, certificate or certificate of a professional learning program
- Ineligible for OSAP
Ineligible for the Bursaries for Part-Time Students:
- Not economically disadvantaged
- No demonstration of financial need according to AwardSpring and Bursaries for Part-Time Students application
- Eligible and Entitled for OSAP or other Government Student Aid for Part-Time Students
- Enrolled in a full-time course load (Undergraduates)
How to Apply
- Enroll and pay for your courses before completing the Bursaries for Part-Time Students.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions under the “How to Apply” tab in McMaster’s AwardSpring Application:
- Submit and complete your common application on AwardSpring (once per academic year)
- Complete the 4-month budget for the study period (e.g. for a fall enrolment course, your budget would cover September to December)
- You need to submit a new MAPS Bursary for each term (fall, winter, spring/summer)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Activate your MACID
- Access to your McMail Mail
- Enrol in direct deposit
If you are enrolled in a McMaster Continuing Education Certificate or Diploma program and are unable to apply in AwardSpring, please complete the Registrar’s inquiry form to request a PDF application for the time being.
For support on how to pay your tuition
More information and FAQ on scholarships and bursaries can be found on the Registrar’s website.
2022-2023 MAPS Bursary deadlines
|Application available||Application deadline||Application decision & payment of funds|
|Fall 2022||August 11, 2022||December 12, 2022||2 weeks after application submission|
|Winter 2023||January 1, 2023||April 17, 2023||2 weeks after application submission|
|Spring/summer 2023||May 1, 2023||July 18, 2023||2 weeks after application submission|